Friday, June 1, 2012

Interesting week. Our soon to be 19 year old grandson has been staying with me for this week. He leaves on June 19 I think for the Air Force. He has been helping his Granny with some things I just couldn't seem to get off the ground by myself. One was some recycling. Though I didn't put it in the landfill, it had been setting on my back porch and the corner of the kitchen for sometime. Not a heavy job, just one that I couldn't seem to get myself to do. So we got it collected and taken off to the recycle place.

Which brings me to a thought. Life is messy. Even when you are trying to do something for the environment it requires dealing with messy stuff. And just living life requires dealing with messy stuff. We walk a fine line between our higher selves and the human aspect of our lives. As I recycle and clear items from my past, I realize that some of it is hard to let go of. There is a thought that we should clear our space and life of those things that do not serve our higher self. Being a Cancer and pack rat I can see everything as sacred and use it in an altar and ceremony of some kind. My concern is if I get rid of stuff too quickly I will lose some very important part of my higher self. Like I said "life is messy".

1 comment:

  1. Everything IS sacred (in my opinion), but I don't think my higher self is in the "stuff." :)
    Great post today my friend, with lots of bones to gnaw on...

    ReplyDelete