Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My blog sight wouldn't let me publish the picture so will see if this will fly. The point is as we go about being an "angel" to someone else how to prevent the feeling of "martyrdom". Again the gift of unconditional love, what the other person does with the gift is their choice. We should be unattached to the out come not our feeling for the other person. That can be difficult if we don't know and understand "who we are".

"The Hanged Man card suggests that my alter ego today is the People Pleaser, whose superpower is the 'bubble of denial.' I need to exercise my prerogative, to humor the ridiculous, go out on a limb or remain the pious hold out and risk persecution. So be it. I can't validate the guilty pleasure, hang-up or self-indulgence, but I can rationalize being a willing slave to its pressure or condescend to acquiesce to avoid real suffering, even garner sympathy for my righteous sacrifice or implied martyrdom. Thus I can step it up or hang out, submit to the charade, or sacrifice to what end? But it's the inevitably lame justification that prompts posturing, or playing victim, dumb or innocent. Today I can take it, fake it, quit kidding myself, or put an end to tempting resistance and just grin and bear it. Or, call the bluff -- give them a rope and they'll hang themselves soon enough."

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious where the "free tarot card" and meanings come from...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a Sidereal past life astrology reading done through through Astrology.com and they offer a free tarot card reading daily. They aren't always this on the topic. Just thought it was interesting.

      Delete