Monday, December 26, 2011

Back again. I shared this on facebook this AM
Two doves sitting outside my window on a pecan tree limb. They have connection no words necessary. No talking only feeling each other wing to wing, spirit to spirit. They say doves mate for life and usually when you see one you see two together. When I see only one I wonder what it's story is. Lost mate to a hunter, predator or just age and life. Does the dove remaining live it's life in solitude after having been so close to it's mate? Does it have "feelings" of loneliness, emptiness? Or does it just realize an absence of the other. Wow! all that from just seeing two doves sitting outside my window on a pecan tree limb.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this Donna, thank you. Knowing you and having the wisdom you share from how you are walking through your life at this time has already helped me speak with and have patience with my Mom, so the ripples are spreading out. Bless you for this gift of insight into what she is experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this on birdwatchersgeneralstore.com:
    "Nearly 80 percent of all new doves don't make it to their first birthday. And half of those few that make it never see year two. So if you do the math, for every 100 doves only 10 will be around to mate twice. Besides having a huge number of natural predators, doves are the most hunted creature in the country."
    Makes me thankful for the 22 years I've had with Himself. I remember about a year after my dad died (he died in December), my mom spotted a pair of rosy-breasted grosbeaks at her feeder. These birds don't normally show up this far south, so I looked them up in Ted Andrews' "Animal Speak" book. Their meaning? Healing of the heart. :)

    ReplyDelete