Monday, April 9, 2012

Day two and a half. When I put the queen in it was Saturday around 2:30 PM. All the gurus say to give them 3 days to eat their way out of the cage with the help of the workers eating their way in. Patience is so hard. So to give them the full 3 days will wait till tomorrow afternoon. They have been eating up a storm, and flying in and out. Hope the scouts are finding some good stuff for them. There are blackberries blooming, which they are supposed to like. Hope there are others things they can find. I know they have been taking in the syrup, you can see the bubbles come up in the jar, averaging around 32 ounces a day. You are only supposed to have to supplement until they find other sources and they loose interest.So we will see.

I feel a very real responsibility to them but also a connection. I visit often just to make sure they are still there. They are curious but not aggressive. Doing this is very real, basic, no drama. What I need to do. Another thing I need to do is probably get off facebook. I had looked to it to help with my process of moving on. It seems it has only become a kind of addiction, not helping the true problem. The bees have grounded me in a way. Now if I can just bring myself to pull the plug on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I'm abuzz with excitement! Can't wait to hear about the queen. This is just the coolest thing. :)
    As far as Facebook goes, do it one day at a time...

    ReplyDelete