Friday, April 20, 2012

Here I am back at the cards again. I really like Susan Boulet's work. So soon she was gone. But she has quite a body of work. That in it's self is a lesson, not so much the time we have but how we use it. Anyway this is from her Goddess paintings.

Persephone. Her myth exemplifies the cycles of nature, for when she is underground plants do not bloom. When she returns to earth, spring arrives. She is also goddess of the soul for it is in the underworld(the unconscious) that soul is formed. She is said to be the goddess of a dark uncomfortable wisdom, a goddess of dark and frightening power. Persephone represents the ability to rule over the aspects of ourselves that are terrifying in the extreme.

So now that it is Spring and Persephone is among us she comes to me in the card I drew. Sometimes my thoughts do scare me. Why would I think such a thing?! Of late perhaps that is what has been at work with me. Persephone appeared today to let me know that we all have dark sides, dark thoughts but they don't have to be the focus of our lives. Though everyday isn't necessarily sweetness and light, we have more good in us than those dark thoughts and they don't have to rule.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine being underground and without sunlight (as in Persephone's case) for months at a time - sort of like being in a submarine I suppose. But I know you can sometimes learn a lot about yourself and life in those dark places...

    ReplyDelete