Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yesterday (Saturday) I went to my beekeeping class. How I got there was all very synchronistic. Just wasn't on happen stance. For sometime even before Jim's death I had been kind of drawn to bees. But I don't think cows and bees would have mixed very well. Anyway the class, was very good. It was an interesting group of people. Perhaps the most interesting was a man that reminded me of my brother. He was a meat cutter by trade and not one you would think of as a beekeeper. But when he talked about his bees and how he came to be a keeper ( that description in relation to bees is kind of miss leading, bees do not necessarily let you keep them, they just decide amongst themselves if they like your accommodations well enough to stay). Anyway this guy almost became poetic in his words and the expression of a love for bees. There were others there that gave the same impression, but he seemed "to get it" in a way that you could understand. So he is my "beekeeper hero".

No comments:

Post a Comment